The fifteenth season of the Indian Premier League is underway. Since March 26th, the biggest cricket tournament in the world has been bringing extreme emotions to its fans. From that date until May 29th, there is non-stop action, and all cricket fans have not been able to do anything but follow this event.
Established by the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) in 2007, today, all competitions are played at Maharashtra stadiums, with Mumbai and Pune as the main venues of these matches. Let’s have a deeper look at how to make the most of this season as a cricket fan.
Key Facts About The Indian Premier League
We all know the Twenty20 cricket tournament is one of the most prestigious events on the sports calendar. Before you get started betting on IPL cricket matches, it’s essential to know a bit about this amazing sport and its long history. Here are some facts that will help you understand what makes IPL matches so exciting:
- The first season was in 2008 and was won by Rajasthan Royals.
- The team that won the most titles is Mumbai Indians (MI), with four championships (2013, 2015, 2017, 2019).
- The team that has played in the most finals is CSK (7 finals), while MI holds second place at five finals.
- This year the tournament has the addition of two more teams. These are the Lucknow Super Giants and the Gujarat Titans.
- This year is also known as Tata IPL 2022 for sponsorship reasons.
- This year, the most expensive player bought by Mumbai Indians is Ishan Kishan; and the most expensive foreign player is Liam Livingstibe by Punjab Kings.
IPL 2022 Format
The IPL championship has changed from the previous eight-team format to a ten-team format, with 74 matches being played rather than the last 60. Each side will play each other twice, facing off at home once and away once. The top four teams will then advance to the knock-out stage, and eventually, a winner will be crowned.
Online Cricket Betting Tips
Predicting IPL 2022 winner is a tricky business. If you have your favourite team and player, you most likely would like to try betting on their success. As it is difficult to predict the winner, some betting sites in India are recommended by experts and trusted by the most experienced bettors.
This year the tournament is between ten teams, instead of eight as it used to be, having a more complicated way to predict which one will be the winner. This year the teams are Chennai Super Kings, Delhi Capitals, Punjab Kings, Kolkata Knight Riders, Mumbai Indians, Rajasthan Royals, Royal Challengers Bangalore, Sunrisers Hyderabad, Gujarat Titans & Lucknow Super Giants.
The IPL 2022 will be very exciting as all teams have made some changes in their squad, and everyone wants to see how these changes will work for them.
Who will win each game? Which team has more wins than losses? These are some of the key questions to start analyzing your predictions. And the truth is that with each new day, the excitement grows.