In the Second Test South africa vs England 2016 Match, Ben Stokes of England Make a Fastest Double century from England country against South africa on day two.
The all rounder who has unbeaten on the end of first day with 74 run, So starting with the 74 overnight score they scored 200 in 163 balls and break the lan botham’s 220 ball england records in cape town.
In test cricket history New Zealand’s Nathan Astle has reached the landmark more quickly and score of 200+ run in just 153 ball in 2002 against England.
- Stokes and Jonny Bairstow who has added 399 for the sixth wicket partnership.
- Stokes in Numbers – Batting Records who broke him
- Made Fastest Test double century in Test by England Batsman
- He score 130 Run who has most individual score in pre lunch test session
- Highest score by an England batsman at Newlands, beating Jack Hobbs’ 187 in 1910
- Hitting Most six by a England Batsman as he hit 11 Maximum and beat Wally Hammonds records.
- Highest Score by an England Innings of Number six batsman
- Both Stokes and Baistow Fastest 300 run partnership by beating indian team Virender sehwag and Rahul Dravid.
- Stokes and Bairstow now have the highest Test partnership for the sixth wicket
Check out below the Recent Fastest Test Double Centuries by a batsman with year, balls who take to score double century with opposite teams.
|153 balls: Nathan Astle, New Zealand v England, Christchurch, 2002|
|163 balls: Ben Stokes, England v South Africa, Cape Town, 2016|
|168 balls: Virender Sehwag, India v Sri Lanka, Mumbai, 2009|
|182 balls: Virender Sehwag, India v Pakistan, Lahore, 2006|
|186 balls: Brendon McCullum, New Zealand v Pakistan, Sharjah, 2014|